Today is the day! Joe Heschmeyer and I have been excitedly counting down the days 'til the launch of The Catholic Podcast and the day is here. Here's a quick introduction to the podcast and answers to some questions and thoughts that may be on your mind:
What is The Catholic Podcast?
The Catholic Podcast is podcast by Joe Heschmeyer (Shameless Popery, School of Faith) and I. We'll be covering all things Catholic: Theology, spirituality, Catholic family life, and the state of the Catholic Church today. New episodes released every Monday!
Where can I find The Catholic Podcast?
We've created an entirely new website for The Catholic Podcast - cathpod.com. On the website, you'll be able to find out more about Joe and I, as well as dig into the show notes from each episode. You can listen to all the episodes on our website. If you're an apple person, we've got the episodes in iTunes. If you're like me and you listen to your podcast on Google Play, we're there, too!
You don't get creativity points on the name . . .
We brainstormed on our name and asked readers on Facebook if they had suggestions and there were some great, creative ideas for the title!
We decided on "The Catholic Podcast" intentionally though - we want to become one of the places that people turn who are just beginning to explore Catholicism . . . the kind of people who might just search “Catholic podcast,” because they don’t know where to turn. There are a lot of bad corners on the Internet with ugly distortions of Catholicism, and we want to offer them something true, good, and beautiful. We want to help people see the beauty of friendship with Jesus Christ, and the good of intentional friendships that lead others to Christ.
What are the episodes like?
Here's a break down of each episode so far!
- "The State of Things" - For every 1 Catholic who enters the Catholic Church, 6 people leave. In our first episode, Joe and I talk about why that is, and what we can do about it.
- "Lent Through the Eyes of Mary" - While almost all of the apostles flee, Mary stands at the foot of the cross. Why? Because she's a warrior . . . but a warrior of weakness.
- "Lent Through the Eyes of Judas" - It's helpful to see what not to do when it comes to our relationship with Christ. What can we learn from Judas, who betrayed the Son of God with a kiss?
I'm loving our Lenten series, where we spend time looking at the Passion through the vantage point of different characters of the Bible - that will be a seven part series, continuing through Easter.
How can I keep in touch with The Catholic Podcast?
Check out our Facebook page, where you'll find behind the scenes pictures and updates! Like and follow the page to stay in touch with us.
Have an idea for a podcast episode, a guest you'd love to see on the show, or some feedback after listening to the episodes? Leave a comment here, or contact us via the Facebook page and we'll be in touch!
What do listeners think?
We sent our episodes out for a sneak peek listen last week - here's what people had to say!
- "Chloe and Joe are an absolute pleasure! Smart and humorous - it's delightful Catholic media" Shaun McAfee, on The Catholic Podcast. Shaun is the founder of Epic Pew and the author of Reform Yourself: How to Pray, Find Peace, and Grow in Faith with the Saints of the Counter Reformation.
- "The Catholic Podcast is a great find in the Catholic media world flooded with options. It's informative, entertaining and beautifully calm (which is such a huge blessing given the typical intensity we hear in our earbuds these days). Give it a listen and thank me later!" Tommy Tighe, co-host of The Catholic Hipster Podcast and author of The Catholic Hipster Handbook.
- "Chloe and Joe have been two of my favorite Catholic writers for some time. However, the Kansas Highway Patrol frowns upon me reading blog posts while driving. That is why I am so excited about this podcast. A little bit of Chloe, and a little bit of Joe, spewing their wisdom through the airwaves. Sometimes I listen to podcasts to be entertained - but other times because I truly desire to learn. I can promise you these two have the intelligence and ability to speak to you that which is beautifully true about the Catholic faith." Father Gale Hammerschmidt, pastor of Saint Isidore's Catholic Student Center at Kansas State University.
We're so excited to share this podcast with you! Thank you for listening!