Every year, lent rolls around and I usually resort to giving up really common things (coffee, pop, sweets, etc.). So I have to share some of these ideas that are collected from multiple blogs for unique and awesome ideas for what to give up for Lent.
1) Don't allow yourself to be impatient. Stay in the slow lane in traffic, pick the longest line in the grocery store and park in the back of the parking lot.
2) Give up texting - but instead of just not talking to people because you can't type it on your smart phone, sit down and write them a genuine, heart-felt letter that describes what they mean to you and how glad you are that they are in your life.
3) Don't curl/straighten your hair. (This one is for the girls).
4) Don't listen to the radio in your car. Either have a good conversation with the person in the car with you, or pray to God for the duration of your car ride.
5) Give up warm shower. If this is too extreme, for the last thirty seconds of your shower, turn it cold and offer it up for someone who needs prayer in your life.
6) Get up half an hour earlier than you usually would and use that half an hour for prayer time with Christ. There really isn't a better way to start off the day!
7) Use the money that you would use for fast food or coffee and give it to your food pantry at the end of Lent.
What are you giving up for Lent? Let me know in the comments below!
God bless you all,